Monday, July 17, 2006

UK Grocery Shopping

I love shopping in different markets, looking at, and tying new foods. I’m a sucker for packaging. Yeah, I’m a consumer – a hungry one.

This is my bounty from my shopping trip to the store on my first day in London. I ate this stuff, too!

Cucumber
Halloumi cheese – Where have you been all my life? More on this later.
Kiwis
Red currants – Yummy in my cereal.
Fruit and nut bar
Tagliatelle pasta
Rice Dream
Baba ganoush – Addictive.
Tomatoes
Camembert cheese – This smelled like hell for some reason and was thrown away after a few days of opening the fridge and accusing the other person of committing foul acts.
Green olives – I used to hate these. It was really the salt I hated. I now like green olives
Primavera sauce – They have loads of good sauces ready to go. Don’t feel guilty for our frozen food/no cook society. Theirs is not frozen, but still no cook. It’s called “Ready Meals.”
Chocolate and raspberry puds ( has sleek, sexy packaging that sucks you in. Pud is short for pudding.)
Orange juice
Dried figs
Chips – More on this later
Box of fruit bars
Small pitas
Dried fruit flakes – Also yummy in my cereal.
More chips


No comments:

Post a Comment