Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thanks, But No Thanks

Whoa! There are two vegetarian dinners this Tuesday, May 13 in Philly. It’s like a dream come true…except I’m not going to either one because, well, I’m a snot.

First, there’s the vegetarian beer dinner at Jose Pistolas, but I hate beer with a capital H! Swallowing beer evokes the same gag reflex as breathing deeply whilst standing inside a festival port-a-potty. Thanks for thinking of us veg-heads, but next time make it a tequila dinner!

Then there’s the wine dinner at Horizon’s (scroll down), the vegan fine dining heartthrob of Philly. They’re serving wine from Chadsford Winery, my least favorite Southeastern PA winery. Were they to serve Va La wines , I would have been there two weeks ago camping out for tickets. Plus (this is where I really become a snot), the label on the featured wine has the mug of some long-haired dude (WMMR's Pierre Robert, who's a vegetarian, and probably a nice guy) on a tie-dye background. Men with long hair and tie-dye also evoke the same gag reflex as beer and overflowing port-a-potties.

So, thanks to everyone thinking of me, and sending me the links to these events, but I’m bowing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment