Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Supper's Deviled Egg Happy Hour

Never before has any advertised happy hour special gotten me in a door, but Supper's July 1st 5-8pm happy hour special of twelve different deviled eggs (all twelve for $9) and a can of Sly Fox beer for $3 (y'all know I hate beer, so I could care less) did the trick. I even marked it on the calendar. That's how much I love deviled eggs!

Now before we go any further, the above deal (twelve for $9) was only for the opening night of Supper's July month-long deviled egg happy hour. For the rest of the month, Supper will be offering a rotating menu of four different deviled eggs and can of Sly for $6.

Not all of the deviled eggs are vegetarian, but the server checked with the kitchen, and they agreed to leave meat off where they could (they goofed on a couple, but ain't no thang; it's the thought that counts), and possibly double up on a few to make me a full plate of twelve.Here's a list of the twelve deviled eggs on the menu:
  • Black truffle
  • Sriracha with peanuts and coriander
  • Safron with salt cod and roasted garlic
  • Smoked chile with corn-red onion salsa
  • Chevre with asparagus
  • Pistou with ratatouille
  • Horseradish with steak and Roquefort
  • Scotch Deviled Egg with country sausage
  • Wasabi with uni and crispy nori
  • Lobster with dill crème fraiche
  • Braised bacon and cheddar
  • Curried with cauliflower and mint
Winners: I can't say that any one deviled egg had me breathless, but Supper is the winner for offering twelve deviled eggs, for sure! Deviled eggs are a comfort food, so I think you'll always favor your version, or your mom's or aunt's. Leaders of the pack (for me, at least) would include: curry deviled egg; wasabi deviled egg; and Sriracha deviled egg (didn't get any heat at all, but the pickled veggies were nice).

Losers: There were no real losers, except a few of the fillings were too salty.My partner was aghast that I'd eat twelve deviled eggs, but it was no prob at all! The only ones I left behind were the duplicate black truffle deviled egg (shh...don't tell the fooderati, but I think truffles are overrated and overpowering); half of the smoked chile deviled egg with corn-red onion salsa (tasted like bacon, so stopped after one bite); and half of the lobster deviled egg with dill crème fraiche (there was lobster in it).

Yay, Supper! I could shower you with kisses for offering twelve deviled eggs. Get on it, y'all, if you're even the slightest deviled egg freak.

Supper
926 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
215-592-8180

No comments:

Post a Comment