Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baking Quirks

Been baking a bit the past few weeks, and while the treats turned out well, I'm not so in love with them that I need to devote a post to the recipes. A few peculiar and personal quirks were made apparent during my baking, though.

Oatmeal cookies just aren't oatmeal cookies unless they have raisins in them. At least for me, that is. I had to amend this Martha Stewart recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to add raisins after the first batch came out and I found myself pouting a bit.And, while I love upside down cake, I don't love these upside down caramelized apple muffins from The New York Times. It's the muffin form that I have a problem with. I can't help but want to place the flat side down, and the round side up. It disturbs me to no end. It's like a helpless turtle on it's backside unable to get up.

Guess I like things just so.

No comments:

Post a Comment