Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chickie's & Pete's Crabfries

Even though I've been a transplant to the Delaware Valley for almost a decade (where does the time go?), I'm not familiar with the local sports bar Chickie's and Pete's with their stand alone restaurants and sports stadium concession stands. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I experienced Chickie's and Pete's signature crabfries.

I had heard about them, oh sure! Any time someone goes to a sporting event, they talk about how excited they are to order crabfries. Those must be some freakin' special fries, and surely they are smothered in delicious crab meat seeing as how they get so much hype and we're practically next door to the Chesapeake Bay.

Nope. Not a sweet piece of crab meat to be found.

Chickie's and Pete's crabfries are simply crinkle-cut fries liberally sprinkled with salt and spicy crab seasoning (think Old Bay) served with a side of thin, bland, white cheese sauce. Total upgrade from regular sports concession fries, for sure, but I don't get the love. Probably because I was not raised on crabfries, nor do I have fond sporting event associations with these salty, spicy potato sticks.

Will I order Chickie's and Pete's crabfries at another sporting event? Eh, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment