Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lemon Pepper Chicken Nachos

Spring is officially in the air, but due do a cantankerous vehicle, I don't have a car to enjoy it in. With the Toyota in the shop, I've been landlocked in an untimely fashion and have had no chance to drive around, walk to the beach, or do one of my favorite springtime passions- eat outside!That doesn't mean I didn't get creative, though. With a slew of ingredients in the house, I put together a healthy warm-weather plate of nachos that had even my famously fastidious sister asking for more! I present to you, lemon pepper chicken nachos, combining the best of grilled chicken and nachos with the best of summery flavors. Eat them outside with some peach juice and have a fantastic and easy picnic for one. It features a few brand-unique ingredients, but they can be swapped out if needed.Ingredients (serves 1)
9 yellow corn chip rounds- I used On The Border's premium rounds
1/3 cup tomato and basil cheddar cheese- Cabot makes a really good one
1 chicken breast, pounded to an even thickness
1 tablespoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of dill
All the juice from half a lemon
1 tablespoon of flour for thickening
2 tablespoons of salsa1. Arrange your chips in a flat, even layer on your plate. Start heating up your grill pan or grill, depending on your patience and weather forecast. Make the marinade for your chicken with the salt, pepper, dill, lemon juice, and flour for thickening and be sure to cover all surfaces of the chicken with an even coating. It doesn't yield a lot of liquid so it is easy to cover.
2. Lay your chicken on the grill and start grating your cheese. Once the chicken is fully cooked with grill marks on both sides and no pink in the middle, take it off and cut it into small chucks, covering each chip with one or two pieces of chicken.
3. Cover the surface with cheese and microwave for 30 seconds or until all cheese is melted. Top with salsa and consume while hot.Man, I loved these. I couldn't get over how fresh and zesty the flavors were. It was a real deviation from my standard loaded nachos with more of an emphasis on spicy and savory ingredients. I'll definitely be making more of these when the weather is nicer out!

No comments:

Post a Comment