Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Winner: An Evening with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert


And the winner of a pair of tickets to An Evening with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert at Merriam Theater is deleahrium with the comment: Sucked fingernail through straw in mimosa. Congratulations! Please email me at mac.and.cheese.review (at) gmail (dot) com.

There were some real doozies in the comments about bad restaurant experiences (hairy hush puppies, bloody pizzas, chicken tumors, strippers, bad breath), but only one comment elicited an audible response from me. It took a split second to wrap my head around what actually happened in deleahrium's comment, but, when I did, I gasped at the computer and scrunched my face.

There are only a few things that make me squeamish, and unsavory acts involving fingernails is one of them. The velocity of the sharp fingernail traveling up the straw. The moment of unknowing when the fingernail shrapnel hits the tongue. Pulling out the unknown object to discover it's a fingernail. The horror!

For those that didn’t win, tickets can be purchased here. Enter password “RESERVATION” to receive $5 off the ticket price.

No comments:

Post a Comment