Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Santa

This candy has long been a favorite of mine, and I know I'm not alone. I think the Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Bar is one of the only ones to incorporate a little salinity into their chocolate, which makes it my automatic preference when it comes to picking out movie candy or a treat. It's one of the only commercially popular white-chocolate based bars out there as well as one of the few cookie-centric treats that has survived the 90's. Guys, remember the Reese's Crunchy Cookie Cup? A moment of silence. I've seen assortments of dark and milk chocolate bars along with the white ones in miniature bars, but I haven't tried them yet.
Everything about this bar is pretty much perfect, from the salty, crispy cookies that actually taste like chocolate wafers to the sweet white chocolate. It's a little too sweet, but those cookies make it just dreamy. This Christmas-themed Cookies 'n' Cream bar is shaped like Santa Claus's head. It's nicely molded and cheerful, until you remember that you're slowly dismembering an already decapitated public figure. Can't win 'em all. That being said, this was great to eat- thicker than the bar and packed with a denser layer of cookie pieces, and gone in about four bites.
Sorry, big guy.

Hershey's sent this over along with a few other goodies that you'll see pop up in a neat recipe this week. Wanna win a Hershey's holiday gift pack? It has one of these beautiful babies along with some other classic favorites repackaged for the holidays- a Hershey's Kiss Santa hat, creamy Hershey's milk chocolate holiday bells, Rolo candies, and more!
To win, just comment on this post with something holiday-related. Tell me what you're going to eat. Tell me about the worst gift you've ever received. Extra entries will be given if you retweet or post on your Facebook with a link to this post including the phrase, "Meet me under the mistletoe, Foodette!" or any other slightly creepy-sounding holiday-oriented phrase and let me know where you put it. The link, that is. Options include, but are not limited to, "Let me see your latkes," and "Honey, where's the Ramadan?" Failing that, "My daughter has her own website and all I got was a half-eaten box of artisanal truffles." I'll post the winner on the 18th, and you'll be eating bells by Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment