Monday, September 4, 2006

Labor Day Pig-Out

I did some serious carb-loading this Labor Day weekend. First, I cooked a butt-load of mac and cheese -two large pans to take to two parties and three small pans to freeze for myself.

I tried out Paula Dean’s recipe for mac and cheese. It’s very similar to my mom’s recipe. In fact, Paula is very similar to my mom. Slap some black hair on Paula and give her a breast reduction and that’s basically my mom after she’s had one glass of wine. The only difference in Paula’s recipe and my mom’s is Paula’s inclusion of sour cream. I honestly couldn’t tell the difference. There were some other tweaks I added to Paula’s recipe - like more cheese and more milk. I could just tell that there wasn't enough cheese or milk.

I attended three! potluck-style dinners where I ate a month’s share of pasta salad. Oh, I loved it, though. I also ate coleslaw, deviled eggs, and loads of different homemade desserts - all my favorite.

Yeah, that’s what holidays are for! I'm fat and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment