Monday, April 9, 2007

Organic Mechanics

I’d like to give a shout out to my friend's new soil company, Organic Mechanics. This is also a heads up to you people in the area who are following my Urban Gardening series, and thinking about coddling some new plants.

Simply put, Mark Highland's Organic Mechanics soil is black gold. There is nothing like Organic Mechanics soil out there, and I’m not just saying that because I’m a friend.

What makes Organic Mechanics soil so awesome?
100% Organic
Peat-free (Peat is a non-renewable resource)
Local
Contains compost
Contains worm castings

Where do I get some?
Whole Foods
Or one of the other constantly expanding locations

Mark is dedicated to soil, compost, vermiculture, and the environment. (You may have read an article about him and his worms in CityPaper a while back.) He’s so dedicated, he even uses bio-diesel and waste vegetable oil to fuel his equipment and delivery trucks. Plus, he's the nicest guy on this earth.

Now, go get a bag! Your plants will love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment