Thursday, July 12, 2007

Maoz is a Friendly Place

I’d like to make an update to a post I did over a year ago about Maoz, the European franchise that serves the best falafel in Philly (there’s now one in NY, too). I do love Maoz, but the post I made talked about their less than friendly service. I’ve had a few comments since then about how I’m so wrong, and the people at Maoz are friendly. It’s true! They are friendly. But at the time I wrote the post they had never been friendly. They’ve been friendly for quite some time now. Probably right after I opened my big little mouth.

How friendly are they? Well, I went in the other day to get twelve pitas to take home (just pitas, nothing else) and decided to ask if they sold their garlic sauce as well. You must understand that I would kill kittens for this sauce, and have even thought about running out the door with the squeeze bottle of garlic sauce that sits by the register, if it wouldn’t be stealing and make me look like an imbecile. (I should probably just ask what’s in the sauce.) The smiley man said that they didn’t sell the sauce, and then proceeded to make a small dish out of tin foil for me to carry some sauce home. I really wasn’t going home, nor was I about to eat the pitas, but how could I say no to Mr. Smiley – or the sauce.

So, there I am walking down South Street on a busy Friday afternoon with a dish of garlic sauce. I wanted to stick my finger in the sauce and eat it up, but god knows where my hands had been. Instead, I started to lap it up like a cat. Thanks smiley Maoz man. You’re so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment