Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dosas Don't Suck And Neither Does My Life

So...my boyfriend emails me the other day from my favorite Indian restaurant in London (that I told him about) to tell me that his food is on its way, and then he’s off to see my favorite band (that I told him about) play with an accompanying orchestra.

Meanwhile, a dog is holding me captive. I’ve been stuck in Wilmington for the past two weeks looking in on the dog I’m sitting…three times a day! Life is not fair sometimes.

Yeah, but I’ve got mysore masala dosas purchased from the Indian grocery store in my freezer, so take that! Even though I’m stuck at home, my life is not suckin’ so much anymore.

The spicy potato-filled savory crepes are a Southern Indian fav of mine when dining out, but I just can’t make them at home. I’ve tried. So, when I saw dosas in the freezer section of the Indian grocery store, I grabbed a box. Just one, ‘cause I'm a little wary of frozen dosas.

These things are pretty good! Crispy on the edges after a quick ten minutes in the oven, and filled with spicy potatoes. Packets of coconut chutney even come with the four, hand-sized dosas. These dosas are not the three-foot long crepes of restaurants, but I don’t need three feet of anything in my belly even though it has been proven to fit.

Life is good, again. But I better get a jar of onion chutney from the UK (that I told him to get).

Update - I got two jars or onion chutney, an Art Brut t-shirt, and the current issue of BBC GoodFood. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment