Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No Posts For You

I'm going on vacation, and, boy, do I need it!

For the past two months I've been so tired that I've begun to think that there is something wrong with me. Maybe I have Lyme disease lite? Chronic fatigue syndrome?

The Spring rush at work in the gardens just flowed right into Summer, and I don't really see any reprieve in the near future. I'd love an afternoon nap, but crashing on someones lawn is not an option. At home, I can't sit down for two minutes before I jump up and do some little chore that pops into my head. And it's impossible for me to not wake up at 6:00 a.m -- even on the weekend!

I hope to relax a little in the coming week when I'm at my sister's in Charleston, SC for her annual Forth of July bbq. Can't wait for the beach (where the water is actually warm), fireworks (it's legal there, as the right to brand your face with sparklers should be), good food ('nuf said), hanging with my best friend from high school (yearly visits aren't enough), trimming my sister's tree (get to break out my arborist gear -- I'm so getting my bags checked by TSA), and a chance to stock up on Duke's mayo and mustard bbq sauce (condiment smuggling).

I'm too tired to write posts ahead of time and future-date them for publishing, so you get nothing this next week. Sorry.

How 'bout you peruse past ice cream recipes. The Fourth of July weekend is coming up, after all!I made banana pudding ice cream last weekend, and it was sooo good. If banana is not your thing, here are four other of my favorite ice cream creations.
Avocado, Chocolate Hazelnut, Basil with Chocolate Chunks, and Earl Grey Tea ice creams.

Happy Fourth! See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment