Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hageland Madagascar 32%

Hageland Madagascar 32%

Finally, I've exhausted my chocolate bar supply. I put off trying the Madagascar simply because it sounded too light for my tastes, and I thought it might be too sweet. After trying my other two Hageland bars, I should have had more faith.

My husband was eagerly awaiting this bar, and when I did open it, I was really surprised just how light it was. It was a pretty caramel brown color that reminded me of the Meiji Royal Milk Tea chocolate I tried last summer.

Hageland Madagascar 32%

The bar smelled rich and just a bit toasty, and from the first bite, it exceeded my expectations. It was milky and caramel-like with a smooth texture and a wonderfully chewy, sticky melt. The bar had a soft snap, but it was perfect for the mild chocolate.

The cocoa flavor was subdued and well balanced with the milk and caramel notes. The sweetness I so feared was not a problem at all. Although I'm not a milk chocolate convert, this bar was a refreshing change of pace, and I liked it much more than I would. My husband and I both thought it was delicious, and we are both very impressed with Hageland chocolate.

A-

Hageland Website

No comments:

Post a Comment