Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pringles Honey Butter Stix

So my woman is in Paris, and I have nothing else to do with my life but watch bad TV shows at night with Dickinson and make snarky comments. A show that invokes my rabid side is The Next Food Network Star. Having watched it incessantly for the last three years, I consider myself a seasoned veteran of judging human beings and Bobby Flay.This brings the Pringles Honey Butter Stix to the table. They're crunchy and plentiful, so I don't have to keep getting up during the stupid Walmart commercials to grab a snack. They have rounded edges so that when I throw them at the TV for something stupid Herb does or over a particularly flamboyant move from Alexis, the screen doesn't get ruined. The honey and butter flavors really come out in a non-fake way, unlike Giada's breasts, and make a calm, mellow sweetness that tones me down to a level when I start screaming at another fucking rendition of sabayon.The stix, despite being spelled in an asinine fashion, like "Dzindra," are really tasty and take on an interesting flavor for a snack. There's no powder on them, so my paws don't get greasy or coated with junk when I try, in vain, to change the channel, and I think that the flavor would go really well on an actual Pringles. I find it strange that they're Pringles-related, but don't actually have potato in them. They're more of a Ritz bastardization than anything else, but are far better than the Ritz honey butter crackers that came out a few years back. I'd love to see this on a chip to use as a dessert base, or just to eat as a comforting, bucolic flavor. Honey and butter is one of my favorite combinations and I'm glad they went out on a limb and tried it. Suzy Fogelson spares the original and off-beat, like this snack, and sodomizes the rest with zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment