Saturday, December 23, 2006

Top 5 Songs - #1

#1) Art Brut – Good Weekend
Whoa, I just realized there’s way too much estrogen up in this Top 5! Let’s knock the bitch level down a bit with Art Brut – sexy beer-tits and all.

OK, Art Brut’s album, Bang Bang Rock & Roll, was released in the UK back in 2005, but not in the US until 2006, but I don’t care. It’s soo good. I rocked it all 2006, and I’m gonna rock it into 2007. Try and stop me! The clever, cheeky lyrics accompanying the art-post-punk music are so enjoyable; you’ll know them all after two listens. I can’t help but laugh on the inside and sing along every time Eddie Argos shouts, “I’ve seen her naked twice!” This song charmingly captures the excitement of having a new girlfriend/boyfriend. So, once you’ve got the lyrics down, GO SEE A SHOW. It’s the most fun you’ll ever have. Just watch out for my flailing arms and bouncing body - I can be a petite powerhouse when motivated.

Happy holidays! See y’all in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment