Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Top 5 Songs - #5

I’m about to take a Xmas break, and I usually leave music up when I’m out of town. There are 5 days left until I drive my ass 12 hours to South Cackalacky…Lets all stop here and say a prayer that I don’t kill a rabbit, have my car explode, cry, get a fever, get diarrhea, puke at a truck stop, tow my car behind the largest U-haul available, and have the U-haul break down like the last time I drove home for Xmas. Anyway…I thought I’d do my own obnoxious end-of-the-year music list. I’m kinda tired of writing about food, anyway. Personally, I can’t believe I kept this food charade up for almost a year!

Starting today, and up until I depart, I’ll post a song a day from this year that made it into heavy rotation on my computer and on my car stereo - no ipod; chain saws and floppy wires don’t mix. More specifically, these songs got stuck in my head.

#5) Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Turn Into
Karen-O, you rock girl! But it’s the “pretty” song that got stuck in my head. The album, Show Your Bones, was played non-stop in my car for about 3 months at the beginning of the year. Thanks to some internet shenanigans, I got a copy way before the album was officially released. Yay, internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment