Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mo's Bacon Bar

This post makes the third post in a row about food that some may find disgusting. (I promise the next post will not make you gag.) Even though I have not tried Mo’s Bacon Bar - yes, bacon and chocolate! – introduced earlier this month from Vosge Chocolat, I've got to tell you, I'm über excited about the bar.

Firstly, Vosge Chocolate makes great and interesting chocolate. The Naga Bar, made with milk chocolate, curry powder and coconut, is my absolute favorite, but other interesting ingredients used in their Exotic Candy Bars include olives, chilies, ginger, green tea, cardamom, and other not so traditional and traditional flavors.

Secondly, Bacon and chocolate! These have got to be “two great tastes that taste great together.” Coming from Vosge, you know it's good. They wouldn't put out something repulsive. That's just not good business. And, ya know, it's not just bacon and chocolate; it's applewood smoked bacon, Alder smoked salt, and deep milk chocolate. Yeah, Vosge is not the first to think of this. Others have experimented at home, and chocolatiers have done it, too.

“But wait,” you might say, “you don’t’ eat meat.” No, I don’t, but I must confess that curiosity would get the better of me if this bar were in front of me. I would take a nibble. (Mind your comments; not only am I curious, I’m also a member of the Uruguayan soccer team.) That’s why I haven’t ordered the bar for myself. I’m giving the bacon bar to my Dad for Father’s Day, and he’s going to tell me all about it. He’s a chocolate connoisseur and a pork connoisseur, so Mo’s Bacon Bar could not have come out at a better time. I can’t wait to call him Sunday. I’ll update with his opinion when I get it.

Update - The package arrived early, and my Dad emailed me his opinion...

The chocolate was truly special. You can tell with the eating that it is very high end stuff. Even sweet M. couldn't resist having a piece of each one. She was the first to try the bacon and was stunned at how "chocolate" and "baconny" it was. I thought it was very good, lots of bacon taste and the two tastes mixed very well. I was surprised. But, like you, I liked the curry and Hawaiian one better. She wants to take the rest of the bacon one to little H. who says bacon is his favorite food.

No comments:

Post a Comment