Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pretty, Shiny Things

The prettiest tomato mix. Ever. (Freshfarm Market in D.C.)

I took advantage of my boyfriend’s corporate paid hotel room and made a long weekend out of DC. I’m supremely jealous of such perks that come with a corporate job, but, being self-employed, I can take a long weekend without asking for a day off. I guess it all evens out in the end.

We ran into a huge Farmer’s Market on Sunday near Dupont Circle. So many vendors were slicing up peaches and tomatoes for samples; we practically filled our bellies before heading to lunch.Surprisingly varied veggie sushi at Thai Chef. Asian pear and sun dried tomato were two new sushi ingredients for me.

‘Fishnet Stockings’ is my new favorite Coleus.(Smithsonian Butterfly Garden)

For pretty plants, don’t miss the gardens on the National Mall: U.S. Botanic Garden, National Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Butterfly Garden, Mary Livingston Ripley Garden, and the Enid A. Haupt Garden. All Free!

No matter how many times I’ve been, I have to stop by the gem and mineral collection at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Pretty and shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment