Thursday, October 4, 2007

La Michoacana Ice Cream

Ice cream has got to be one of the best food inventions – creamy, smooth, sweet, and just what you want on a hot day. Those hot days are gone, and even the pleasantly mild days are numbered. Oh, who am I kidding waxing poetic about the bygone days of ice cream eating? I eat ice cream in the winter – just not while outside.

I snuck in a visit to La Michoacana, the tiny Mexican ice cream shop in downtown Kennett Square, this past weekend while on the most convoluted route (errands love weekends) from Wilmington, DE to Radnor, PA.

I was hoping to get my new found love, the paleta, but when the cucumber and chile paleta I had my heart set on was not available, I was switched to ice cream in a cup – a scoop of avocado and a scoop of mamey. Mamey, a tropical fruit tasting like peach and apricots, was a first for me –pink and fruity!

Besides having all sorts of exotic and traditional ice cream and water ice flavors in frozen bar form or in a cup, La Michoacana’s ice cream is very reasonable. When the cashier asked for $3 for two small cups of ice cream (two scoops each), I thought for sure she had only seen the one cup I was holding. $1.50 for ice cream!! I scream!

La Michoacana Ice Cream, 231 E. State St. Kennett Square, PA 19348
610-444-2996

No comments:

Post a Comment