Sunday, April 20, 2008

Shore Thang

After waking up slightly hung-over from the Philly food blogger meet-up (thanks for hosting E.), I jetted off to the New Jersey shore for a guided tour by a person who has been going every year since conception. Free tour by a professional shore-goer? On a beautiful weekend? Sign me up!

We started with the boardwalk and amusement park in Wildwood. I had no idea that there was an amusement park actually on the boardwalk. In fact, I didn't know Wildwood was the name of a town. I thought Wildwood was the name of an amusement park somewhere in NJ (people talk about how they're going to Wildwood to ride the rides, so I thought...). Learned something!

Ate a couple of slices of Mack’s pizza on the Wildwood boardwalk. Mack’s or Sam’s? Which is the best? I don’t understand the love of NY-style pizza, so I'm not a qualified judge. People say they don’t like Mack’s because of the cheddar cheese, but I found the sharp flavor kind of nice…for greasy, floppy pizza.

I can get into some Kohr Brothers ice cream, though. I didn’t understand why the sign said “light” when it tasted so rich and creamy, but then I looked it up, and, yep, it’s supposedly lighter than the average ice cream cone.

Then we drove all the way up to the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ. We played the mini-est mini golf ever (20 holes in an area the size of my small apartment) on the boardwalk. I tied for first place! Skills, I got ‘em.

I saw Ocean City’s famed Mack and Manco’s pizza, but, really, what’s the point when I don’t like NY-style pizza. Plus, the ghost of Mexico was/is still haunting me!

Yay, NJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment