Friday, November 21, 2008

Good Girls Get Capriotti's

I've written about my love of Capriotti's veggie turkey sub before, and, to be honest with you, it's the one food I eat out (technically, it's take-away) more than any other food in Delaware or Philly. Capriotti's veggie turkey sub is #1 on my list of the few foods I will miss if, and when, I ever leave the area.

I almost cried (and later considered writing a letter to the owners) about a month ago when they told me the supplier of their veggie turkey had discontinued the product, and they didn't foresee ever getting veggie turkey again. But I knew to simmer down and let it go; this veggie turkey disappearing act has happened before, and then magically reappeared.

Here's where I reveal more info than you need to know, but I know blog readers just loves them some personal info to put in their stalker file: I always treat myself to a Capriotti's veggie turkey sub on the day of my annual girly exam. It's kinda like getting a lollipop at the end of a doctor's visit for being a good girl.

My doctor's visit was yesterday, and, well, what was I going to do, seeing as how Capriotti's veggie turkey had dried up? I'm a big girl; I don't haaave to have a lollipop.

Well, after waking up to a flat tire (good morning!), and then riding on the flat tire to two gas stations to find an operable air machine (just put a sign on it if it's broken - a person only carries so many quarters, you know) because I didn't have time to fix a flat before heading to the doctors (they charge you if you don't make it), then driving through snow to the doctors (I know they were just flurries and would never stick, but I hate snow and it makes me incredibly worrisome and tense) where she tells me my blood pressure is higher than usual (no, shit! I just had a flat tire and drove like a mad woman through snow to my favoritest place in the world - ugh, I pride myself on low blood pressure), then I go to work to find I can't work because Y didn't do Z, so I go get my $20 tire patch, but have to wait two hours in a waiting room with a TV spewing crap and a woman talking loudly on her cell the en-tie-yur time for them to tell me that because I drove on my flat the inside of the tire is ruined (knew I shouldn't have taken that shortcut down the cobble stone road!) and I need a new one (of course, I rock the high dollar low profiles).

What I need is a lollipop. Now.

After I paid for my new tire, I walked to my car, sat in the parking lot and called Capriotti's (it's in my cell) in hopes that veggie turkey had magically made a reappearance, and...it has!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment