Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hello and Au Revoir

3000 miles and one $1100 car repair later, and I'm back! I know. $1100!

I knew I needed some rotors turned, but when I pulled into Charleston, the last city on our Southern romp, the grinding noise told me I needed more. A whole lot more, apparently -- everything brake related, plus struts. A friend recommended Gerald's, a tire and brake shop filled to the gills with every flavor of man to repair your car, and just as nice as could be. They even give all the ladies a long stem rose. Aww! It almost takes the sting out of your bill and has you contemplating calling them up again for a second date. (Trust me, dudes, a rose is better than a mint.)

I'm also filled to the gills, but with food. Besides all the holiday food I filled up on at home, I ate out more than I ever care to. (I don't know how you paid food writers do your job without feeling disgusting, but keep up the good work.) I'm currently just overjoyed to be able to eat a bowl of cereal and pop open a can of soup in my own kitchen. But this won't last for long.

I'm off to Belize at the end of the week and won't return until February. I'm gonna pound out my Southern eats this week (there are lots), but let them trickle out while I'm away so this blog doesn't go stagnant.

Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment