Friday, February 27, 2009

Burrito Bandido

After my lackluster lunch date with Qdoba's rice and bean burrito, I figured I'd bump Burrito Bandido in Wilmington towards the top of my list, since I've heard good things about this (mostly) authentic Mexican restaurant that happens to do an off-the-menu big-ass rice and bean burrito (not authentic).

Oh, how I wish all restaurants, regardless of their size, would make a website so I could check out their menu before traveling to god knows what ugly neighborhood they reside in (MenuPages doesn't cover every city). If Burrito Bandido had a website, I would have known that there was nothing vegetarian, save a cheese quesadilla, on the menu. But, really, I kinda knew that was coming, as most authentic Mexican restaurants are all about the meat.What $5 will get you: one rice and bean burrito with two salsas.

And just so you know, Buritto Bandido's beans and rice contain lard and meat juice. I, of course, didn't think to ask about the presence of lard or meat juice in my off-the-menu rice and bean burrito until after I had arrived at home with my take-out and taken a bite into what would have been an otherwise fine, but not rockin', rice and bean burrito. Whoo, the beans had enough sodium to sub as a salt lick.

And, don't worry, this lard-in-bean/chicken-stock-in-rice thing happens all the time to me unbeknownst, and it doesn't make me sick or flinch. I don't like it, but it ain't no thang.

But...the people who work at Burrito Bandido are really friendly, the bright building is quite a cheery site in it's wasteland-of-Wilmington location, and meat-eaters say great things about their food. So get on it, Wilmington!

And here's their muy cute, single-fold, business card-sized menu. You're welcome.
Burrito Bandido
227 N. Maryland Ave., Wilmington, DE 19804
302-652-5749
Mon.-Thurs. 10am-10pm; Fri.-Sun. 9am-11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment