Monday, February 2, 2009

A Few Things

  • I'm back! After years of talking about leaving for winter, I finally did it. I successfully avoided a solid month and a half of real winter by going down South and to Belize for extended stays. (Belize was awesome! Posts soon-ish). I'm seriously thinking about doing an apartment trade next year and skipping the entire thing...or at least until I have to go back to work. Anyone interested in an apartment in Wilmington for the winter? No? Damn. The living room with it's bay windows gets amazing light!
  • It takes an absurdly long time to go through a month and a half's worth of my RSS feed!
  • Eating holiday foods at home and eating out almost every meal for the past month and a half is not good for the waist line. I'm going grocery shopping today to stock my bare fridge with lettuce and air for the new diet.
  • Don't hate me Philly. I haven't dined out in your restaurants (so many new ones recently!) in so long because of my absence, and, I hate to tell you, I ain't coming back for another month. I'm dog sitting in Wilmington for the entire month of February, which means three visits a day to check on the pups. And that also means it's pretty ridiculous to go into the city for eats. I miss you already.
  • Going home and running into people I haven't seen since high school and college (and truly being glad to see them) and having them ask me if I was on Facebook made me realize that I should probably quit being so anti social networking and just join Facebook already -- even though I have no hot gossip goodies to dig up (not married, no kids, still look the same, haven't joined a cult, still have all four limbs) and the most shocking news is that I live in Delaware. It's on my February to-do list.
  • On a related social networking note, I'm thinking about supplementing this blog with Twitter. What has this world come to? Twitter users, what do you like to see tweeted from food blogs? My fear is I'll be either burdened by it, or obsessed. I also fear being boring...but what's new?

No comments:

Post a Comment