Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nestle Kinako KitKat

Kinako KitKat

This Kinako KitKat bar has been around for a while, so I'm not sure if it's a long limited edition, a permanent fixture, or if I just hit the tail end of the season for this flavor, but I picked this up at a convenience store in late July.

Kinako (toasted soy flour) usually goes well with milk chocolate. It has a nuttiness often compared to that of peanut butter, and since it's a powder, the texture fits well in many applications. I am a kinako fan, and had heard good things about this bar, so I was very happy to find it.

Kinako KitKat

The first thing I noticed upon opening the bar is that I could smell the nutty aroma of the kinako. Then, I cut the bar and saw the huge wafer in the middle, going all the way to the bottom of the bar. Even compared to the Big Kat bar sold in the US, this kinako bar had a lot of wafer.

The kinako was subtle, but definitely different from a regular KitKat. The wafers carried the nuttiness, and they were very well balanced with the silky, milky chocolate. The whole thing had a nice roasted chocolate flavor at just the right level of sweetness. My husband could taste the kinako more than I could, and he loved it, too.

A

KitKat website

No comments:

Post a Comment