Monday, August 3, 2009

Pocky


I AM NOT A WEEABOO. I SWEAR. I SWEAR.

I've just been buying obscene amounts of Pocky. It's a regular untapped market, but I'll be back to business after I try all the flavors.

FoodFag and I went to the Asian grocery again and bought some fantastic and delicious Pocky last night, and went back today, too, so now I have four flavors to review and maybe more, too.

So we bought the original Pocky, bringing back memories of winter, ex-boyfriends, and Riesling. It was different than when I first tasted it, but maybe inebriation makes everything taste funky. It's the same not-sweet, perfectly bland biscuit stick, with a dark chocolate coating.

FoodFag thought the flavor was unadulterated and simple. We liked the texture of the Pocky and how the biscuit added to, but didn't disturb the overall chocolate flavor. If anything, it improved it. For some, the flavor may not be complicated enough. It is, after all, biscuits and chocolate.

Pocky is a fun snack, with an added little non-coated part for handling on the go. It was a lot of fun to eat on the highway.
7/10- YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment