Friday, March 26, 2010

Trader Joe's Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup

This was a soup I actually stumbled upon accidentally, with Sherlock while searching for snacks to take to the movies. Needless to say, after trying a sample of this, I bullied her into fitting this into her large hippie bag along with our snacks to take to Shutter Island. I didn't drink it in the movie, though with all the blood, it might have been fitting.The soup was offered as a sample the night we went, and it is probably one of the most delicious soups I've ever tried. The only thing that could make it better is if they put it in a boxed wine format, with a tap, so that I could just have soup on tap at my immediate disposal. The flavor is extremely creamy, but with only 100 calories per serving. The peppers and tomatoes are equally distributed in the flavor, with a slightly smoky taste from the roasting, and it's not chunky, which makes it a fantastic stand alone bisque on a cold night or something that can be equally jazzed up with some cheddar crackers, chives, sour cream, or any of your favorite veggies.What I love most about it is just the ease in preparation. It can be kept indefinitely on a shelf until opened, and then it's just a matter of eating it. I love how simple it is to prepare, and how vibrant the flavors and colors are. It's so hearty and thick, and for a college student, finding a gourmet soup like this is a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment