Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Deep Fried Kool-Aid

Many years ago, I decided that Kool-Aid would be my happy thought. You know, when someone says,"Think happy thoughts!" Kool-Aid is not really my happiest thought, it's just a brightly colored, sweet, childish object that I randomly picked so I wouldn't struggle with finding a thought or image to conjure when given the directive to think happy thoughts. (I swear I did not make that nonsense up just to intro this post.)

As it turns out, Kool-Aid is not always so happy when it is not used as intended. I'm looking at you Kool-Aid pickles, and, now, deep fried Kool-Aid.Deep fried Kool-Aid is the latest fatty, fried monstrosity to tour the festival circuit, alongside deep fried butter, deep fried Snickers, deep fried Oreos, and, well, deep fried just about any thing.

I know what you're thinking: "How do they fry liquid?"

They don't. Deep fried Kool-Aid is nothing more than dough made with Kool-Aid, then fried.

And it tastes just like fried dough made with Kool-Aid. A Kool-Aid doughnut? The artificial cherry Kool-Aid flavor is prominent, but trust me (and the body-by-fried-food man standing next to me who was holding back tears while trying to choke down his basket of deep fried Kool-Aid), go ahead and skip this at the fair. If you must try it, think happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment