Saturday, March 18, 2006

Brothers Ain't Cheap

Di Bruno Brothers specializes in cheese, meats and specialty foods. I’ve been in the original and claustrophobic store in the Italian Market, but it’s really hard to take in all the offerings when some one is constantly rubbing up against you. This really turns me off when shopping - I don’t care how hot you are, and the public is generally not hot.


I’ve been curious about the larger Di Bruno Brothers store in downtown Philly for a while, so I stopped in the other day in route to meet someone downtown.

What a beautiful culinary store…to have my wallet raped!!!

Oranges 99 cents each! Tofu for $4.99!! A bag of chips for $5.99!!!

Please. I don’t care what finery you’re selling. I’m not stupid enough to purchase your fine cheese if you’re going to rip me a new hole when I pick up a staple to make my meal complete.

I understand the concept of offering gourmet products and having staples conveniently available at a higher price than a suburban grocery store, but your mark up is out of control.

I’m sure there are people who would rather pay than be inconvenienced by making another stop or people who just don’t care or don’t need to care about the their finances, but your prices offend me. I won’t be purchasing a single thing from you; I don’t care if it is some rare cheese that no one else carries.

No comments:

Post a Comment