Thursday, April 6, 2006

More Than Tofu

Oh, and indeed it is!

I found these little babies by Sunergia Soyfoods in my boyfriend's fridge, and they're rocking my no longer bland tofu world. Don't come a knockin'. You get yourself to a market.

I tofu-ed myself out many years ago. I would rather eat tempeh or seitan almost any day, but, by golly, I could eat these uncooked as a snack. Only freaks can say that about ordinary tofu.

The secret is that they integrate ingredients like mushrooms and peanuts INTO the tofu and
then give it a marinade. Try marinading plain tofu for hours and it never really seems to soak up enough flavor. I've tried other flavored tofu, but this is much better. Sunergia Soyfoods actually put the flavor in there for you. (See the hunks in the picture.)

They have ten different flavors of tofu. My favorite is the peanut and ginger tofu used in pad Thai.

Their package says that if you contact them, they'll give you a $1 off two packages coupon. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment