Sunday, August 27, 2006

Evil Weevil

Pantry half empty?
I found weevils in my pantry today while I was baking. Maybe they were beetles? I didn’t fish out my hand lens and kill jar for scientific exploration. I just opened up all sorts of packages and ditched those crawling with critters, then emptied my pantry and cleaned the shelves.

This happens every few years. Throwing away food is more of a disappointment than finding the bugs is a shock.

Perfectly good food – well, minus buggies - thrown away:
2 bags of all-purpose flour
1 bag of flour made from southern wheat (I can’t replace this until I visit home.)
1 bag of whole-wheat flour
1 box of grits
1 bag of nutritional yeast
1 bag of sushi rice
1 box of long-grain rice

Or pantry half full?
My pantry is now clean and better organized.

Bug i.d. for future entomologists and control for aspiring domestic engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment