Thursday, August 31, 2006

Heinz's Thai Mean Beanz

While grabbing the canned mac and cheese from the selves of Waitrose, I also grabbed a can of Heinz’s Thai Mean Beanz for curiosity’s sake. Mean Beanz is a line of beans sold in the UK that add different ethnic spices to traditional baked beans. They also have Jalfrezi, Mexican, Sweet Chili, and Tikka.

Baked beans remind me of lunches prepared by my brother when he looked after me in the summer. Had I been born twenty years later, I think my parents could technically have been arrested for letting my brother baby-sit me. Never the less, when he wasn’t farting on my head or flinging ninja stars at me – bet you forgot about those bad boys - he would do sweet things like open a can of baked beans, throw in some cut up hot dogs, and we would eat beenie-weenies together. Good stuff!

After suffering a disappointment with the canned mac and cheese, I wasn’t too sure about the Thai Mean Beaz, but…they rocked! The beans were sweet like all baked beans, but had strong hints of ginger, lemongrass, and coriander. I can’t say the baked beans tasted anything like Thai food, but they had a very intriguing flavor. These are baked beans inspired by Thai spices. Good Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment