Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chew With Your Mouth Closed

Ever hesitate to say what you really think about a restaurant? The following might be of interest to fellow food bloggers.

I’ve been following the news about a recent lawsuit in Philadelphia precipitated by a restaurant critique, as I’ve recently had an “Oh, shit!” moment of regret after discovering that the owner of a restaurant I did not give a favorable review of read my opinions. This is just a hobby of mine, and I certainly don’t need any grief over my opinion!

I was relieved to read at PhilaFoodie (lawyer by day) that restaurants rarely win libel cases against food critics. In fact, PhilaFoodie was on Radio Times the other day with Mary Moss-Coane discussing restaurants, food critics, and unfavorable reviews. Heck, just jump over there to read his thoughts and have a listen to the radio interview. Or just listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment