Monday, November 5, 2007

Food Blogger Meet-up Success!

Wow! I can’t believe how many people made it out for the first Philly food blogger meet-up hosted by the gracious Marisa of Fork You!. It was very nice to see the faces behind the blogs. And you know what? They’re all beautiful faces with great personalities.

The food! I’m kicking myself for not taking a picture, but, admittedly, I’m a little shy about whipping my camera out around folks. Marisa snapped a photo of the table and posted it before the night was even over and the kitchen cleaned.

Messy and Picky have a photo up, too. Warning: don’t let your kids play Memory with Picky unless you want to dry their tears, ‘cause Picky’s memory is sick! He actually remembered what everyone brought and did a lovely write-up about it.

And if you like Two Fat Als' toasts with onions, peppers and blue cheese or their pumpkin blintzes (loved ‘em), go get the recipes from their site.

E of Foodaphilia made my favorite treat of the night – toffee/coconut/salty cookies (do they have a name? I should ask Picky). E even caught me unconsciously eating the cookie I was supposed to bring back to my boyfriend. I guess that makes me a cookie zombie.

I'm sure other recaps and recipes are in the works from the bloggers. Um...E, can I get the cookie recipe? [Edit: E's coconut, toffee, almond crunch cookies, Teagan's cinnamon apple cake, Jennie's pea shoots and crimson chutney wrapped in phyllo, Marisa's autumnal casserole, Picky's mozzarella and pasta salad, my boiled peanuts]

But, hey, we’re going to do it again in January after all the holiday hubbub that’s approaching is out of the way. If you’re a food blogger still lurking out there, and want to join in the deliciousness, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment