Thursday, December 27, 2007

Food Not-Gifts

I'm back. I hope everyone's holidays were just as lovely as mine. Here are my favorite food related holiday gifts that weren't actually gifts under the tree (too many of those to list):
  • My Dad thought I should start a vintage food tin collection to dust, since my childhood chore was dusting his extensive collections (I despise dusting). He started me off with a Log Cabin tin from the 50's (?) with syrup still in the can, an imitation black pepper tin from WWII or earlier (?) with imitation pepper still in the tin, and a mustard tin that was empty.
  • I gifted myself with a supply of Duke's mayonnaise for 2008.
  • My sister surprised me with a Piggly Wiggly canvas shopping bag after a run to the store. I returned later to get my new work uniform a Piggly Wiggly sweatshirt.
  • Our waitress at the Waffle House in N.C. we stopped in for lunch on the way home gave us a handwritten Christmas card with our bill. I can't imagine hand writing cards for every customer the hand cramps!

No comments:

Post a Comment