Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sansom Kabob House

What I like is in the small ramekin.

The bf digs the hummus at the Afghan restaurant, Sansom Kabob House, in Center City so much; he dragged me there for a snack.

I’m not a fan of their hummus.

But just because I don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s not good. People have their preferences. I don’t prefer ultra creamy, smooth hummus with pronounced tahini bitterness like the hummus he loves so much, and is served beneath the street level at Sansom Kabob House.

What I do like is the dipping sauce that comes with the hummus. Love it!

I’m not one to dip bread in fine olive oil at Italian restaurants and discern the regional nuances – it tastes like oil – but this I’ll stick bread in. The sauce (don’t know its name) that accompanies the hummus is oily, herby, tangy, and spicy. This sauce tastes like pickle juice with heat, and is balanced with olive oil.

And that I can dip into! Your preferences may differ.


Sansom Kabob House, 1526 Sansom St., Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-751-9110
Mon.-Fri., 11:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Sat., 1 p.m.-10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment