Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lies, All Lies

I was planning to write a Wilmington restaurant review this weekend. Next in line was Corner Market, a sandwich and gourmet grocery shop downtown. But, guess what? They closed this week, and are no longer in business.

These pictures were taken almost two months ago to the date. The place was so bare, I almost turned around and walked out, but when I’m determined to do something (check out Corner Market, in this instance), I do it. I actually asked if they were going out of business before placing my order. They acted like I was on crack. They even came up with a highly unbelievable story that a party had just been in the day before and cleaned the place out. Right.

I don’t understand why businesses try to cover up the fact that they’re going out of business? FoodSource, an upscale food market, also blatantly lied to me when I asked them if they were going out of business. Just admit it, and put your goods on sale!

Things at Corner Market just didn’t seem right, so I’ve been holding on to the review and the pictures, checking back when I’m downtown to see if the place ever re-stocked after the “party.” Nope. Things just got barer.

Anyway, the sandwich I ordered (goat cheese, pine nut, and honey) was a little sloppy, but not that bad. Goat cheese and honey is a classic, yummy pairing. But who cares? They’re closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment