Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fitzwater Café

It has taken nearly three years of walking past Fitzwater Café in Bella Vista to finally duck into this once corner gas station for brunch, but I did it!

A mere five-minute wait on a weekend and we were in the door, guided past cases filled with scrumptious pastries made in-house, past a counter bar, and seated at a roomy table at the far end of the cozy restaurant, which is an Italian bistro when it’s not doing the breakfast brunch.

It’s been a long time since I’ve done decadent French toast, but I dove into the banana and Nutella toast sprinkled with powdered sugar. Good and sweet! A bit much for even dessert-loving me, but I balanced out the sweet with savory by stabbing at the plate across from me…

Scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese on one of their buttery croissants accompanied by potatoes and sliced tomatoes. I could have eaten the whole croissant, but it wasn’t mine. The sautéed potatoes lost favor with crispy potato boy.

Fitzwater Café = Good breakfast brunch basics with a short wait to get in! We did have to wait longer than normal for the bill, though. Win some; lose some!


Fitzwater Café
728 S. 7th St., Philadelphia, PA 19147
215-629-0428

No comments:

Post a Comment