Thursday, March 6, 2008

I’m back!

My favorite pic from the trip.

While vacations are wonderful, I have to admit that I’m ecstatic to be back and to have gone to work today. Yep, I’m that annoying person that actually enjoys their work. After only working a day or two a week for the past three months, I am sooo happy that spring is around the corner, and to be outside all day in the sun working up a sweat and getting dirty. And to make my return even better, I’m getting an extra hour of sunshine this weekend. You get it, too!

A big thank you to all who left comments suggesting places to eat! It’s quite a list. Some of the suggestions were already on my list (Devil’s Den, and Udupi Dosa House), many I have never heard of (Border Café, Pope Pub, Blue Sage Vegetarian Grille, and Su Tao Café), and some have been visited, but need a revisit (Sovanna Bistro, and New Harmony).

I will try my best to get to your suggestions, although the way I work is I either get to things in a timely manner…or in about one year! For example, I said I’d treat myself to dinner at James last year when I sold my house, but I never did. Now, I’m telling myself I’ll treat myself to James when I file my 2007 taxes and never have to think about the sale of my house again.

This weekend I’ll post what I ate while in Portugal, but I’ll forewarn you that it ain’t pretty! In the mean time, here are my favorite photos from the trip.

Sun setting on port boats and Ponte de Dom Luis I bridge in Porto after four glasses of Port wine.

Portuguese tiled walls? Pssh! I enjoyed to mosaic stone paving in Lisbon better. I'm short and a down-looker, so was greatly entertained while walking around.

I'm also a graffiti-looker. There was plenty of graffiti, and occasionally it was charming.

The Portuguese love fish. Are you singing the same song I am? Eat them up, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment