Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Too Hot To Blog

I’m one of those people you see on the local news when a heat wave comes through and they do their little piece on the poor people that have to work outside in the heat.

Six hours of working outside today and I called it good. The only thing is, I live on the second floor with no AC or window units, just a box fan. You can see from my dearly loved temperature gauge that at 2 in the afternoon the inside of my house is already 89°. I’m gonna take a cold shower and go "shopping" for the next eight hours.

I did find a package of Kool-Aid in my pantry from last year when I made Kool-Aid pickles, and it is so awesome! It doesn’t matter how much water you drink while you’re working outside, you need a little sugar and salt in your drink to really quench your thirst.

I don't have a laptop to bring to a coffee shop and bang out posts in comfort, so real blogging will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment