Friday, September 12, 2008

Blackberry Fest

Just getting a few photos from my blackberry fest a few weeks ago off my desktop. One I've already written about (summer pudding), and three others that I just can't muster the enthusiasm to write a real post about. Consider these ideas for what to do with a butt-load of blackberries (that's one half of one shit-load), or any berry, for that matter.

Blackberry Cornbread - Sort of like the blueberry cornbread you pick up at Whole Foods, but with a bigger berry. Even though I used a recipe for sweet cornbread, it just didn't turn out as cakey and sweet as I had hoped. My cornbread was cornbready. Go figure.

Blackberry Muffins - These were really good, and probably deserve a post, but.... maybe one day. Basically it's a coffee cake studded with blackberries and topped with a nut streusel. Go crazy with the streusel. With a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more.

Blackberry Smoothie
- Possibly the dopest color of any smoothie I've ever had. If you have kids, or are into going all out for themed parties, think Halloween.

Blackberry Summer Pudding - Not for me, but perhaps for you. I wrote this one up, just because it was so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment