Monday, September 8, 2008

Veggie Cheesesteak

Stopped by GreenFest again this year. Last year the festival featuring eco-friendly businesses and organizations was along South St., but this year the festival was just off of South St. on 2nd St., capitalizing on the already heavy Headhouse Farmer's Market traffic.

Again, Cosmic Caterering was the only food booth at the festival (Los Taquitos de Puebla were there, but they don't count because they're a market fixture). Los Taquitos is a bet you can't lose, but I decided to gamble on Cosmic Caterering's veggie cheesesteak, seeing as how I'm currently on a veggie cheesesteak roll. No, I'm not on a bun! I've just had a few cheesesteaks recently.
I was offered cheese and ketchup or honey mustard on my sandwich. I blurted out yes to cheese and ketchup. They asked? Must be how you do it.

I was told by my partner that the veggie meat amongst the onions and mushrooms was Vegadelphia meat, a locally made meat substitute that shows up at lesser sandwich shops. I believe this was my first encounter with Vegadelphia meat, and I did not like it at all. The small seitan chips are kind of squidgy and kind of gross. I could not finish my sandwich. Since I was noshing directly outside of a Wawa, I got a Shorti to replace the nastiness. Yay, Wawa!

I'm torn between awarding Cosmic Catering or Gianna's Grille with the worst veggie cheesesteak award. Seeing as how I managed to eat the sandwich from Gianna's, Cosmic Caterers gets the award. Cosmic Catering, you seem like nice people, but just say no to Vegadelphia!

No comments:

Post a Comment