Monday, September 29, 2008

Where Is Veggie Pho?

I just stated in my last post that I broke a record by making a bookmarked recipe in under one month. Here I go and break my own personal record, again. One week! Bookmarked and made a recipe in under one week! Give me a medal, already.

I was so giddy when the fabulous Philly expat living in Vietnam (I'm a bit confused about where she is now), Cathy from gas.tron.o.my, posted her momma's vegetarian pho recipe, I hopped on that pronto. It was mighty delicious. Thanks, Cathy.

Here's the thing, though. I have nothing to compare it to. I've never had pho before this week. Not that I haven't tried. I've poked my head in the door of many restaurants along the Vietnamese restaurant saturated Washington Avenue in Philly in search of vegetarian pho, but came up short. I sort of gave up on veggie pho a few years ago. Now, I certainly didn't check out every restaurant in town, so maybe there's a chance that veggie pho lives in Philly, or perhaps nearby.

Do you know of a restaurant that serves vegetarian pho? By vegetarian I mean a soup made with vegetable broth, and, of course, no pieces of meat floating in it. The vegetable broth is the key part, since meat and toppings are customizable. Help me out if you can. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment