Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Paddywackle's Gourmet Brittle Co.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with peanut brittle, all of them involving some sort of impaling or horrible rendering of my face. I've been stabbed quite a few times by an errant shard of brittle. It's the Captain Crunch of the candy world. But I'm an intrepid girl, and I like to try new things, so I gave this peanut brittle a whirl, and it changed my mind completely.

The first brittle that I tried was a chocolate almond brittle. It had an amazing crunch, starting off soft and then crumbling, very crispy and light texture. The chocolate tasted like a lovely wafer cookie, and the almonds added a lot to the texture. It was really delicious and the chewing kept it all very moist, so as not to make it try and tacky in one's mouth.

8/10- YUMMY


The second brittle was a little stickier and was absolutely permeated with peanut butter, and many chunks of peanuts! It stuck to my teeth but had a wonderful buttery undertone and a fresh, roasted peanut taste. What I really liked about these was the texture, they were just pristine and perfectly chewy without completely shattering in my mouth or dissolving into nothing. It was a substantial and delicious snack.

8/10- LOVELY


To buy their brittle, just go to www.paddywhackles.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment