Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Starbucks Pumpkin Scone


So I've been on a diet lately. My ultimate goal is...45 pounds, I know. It's pretty sad. I can do it, I just need vigilance, exercise, and the grace of God to keep me from selling my soul to cheese fries. Why the fuck was I put in a place with such good foods?

So for the next few months, you guys will be seeing a lot more...uuurrggghh...healthy foods. Ick. No, I'll have a good selection of my normal stuff, and of course, plenty of homemade goodies, but if you see the occasional Odwalla bar pop up every now and then, don't get worried.

Today's offering is from Starbucks. Lately I've been getting a few things here and there because my cousin keeps reloading my card, so I got a scone today and had a free cup of coffee to while away my hours before my next class.

The pumpkin scone was a pleasing and colorful fall offering, but didn't cater to my expectations by any means. It was too dry and too crumbly, and the pumpkin flavor was limited only to the orange food coloring and the orange stripes of frosting on top. Really, Starbucks. It's hard to make a dry pumpkin dessert, as pumpkin is damned moist. So what did you do to screw it up?

I even went as far as to warm it in the microwave for a few seconds, but it was the same, just scalding hot and mouth-burn inducing. In addition to this, it's 480 calories, which is a lot for crumbly bread.

3/10- INEDIBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment