Friday, April 16, 2010

Canada Dry Sparkling Green Tea Ginger Ale

Today, I was feeling lazy. Like, stay inside all day and make Captain Crunch deliver my physics exam to the professor lazy. Like, lunch on crappy pizza and stay in my pajamas lazy, because it was rainy and cold out and I just wanted to get to know the couch a little better.

I don't know, though, there's something about a good mug of tea that warms up my day, but it wasn't wintry enough for one. Sure, it was cold and gross, but since I'd been feeling summer, I couldn't get summer from my brain. So there was no way for me to have hot tea, because of my mood and also because I'd run out of mugs.I did have one ace up my sleeve, though. I had a green tea ginger ale that seemed perfect. Canada Dry Sparkling Green Tea Ginger Ale. The list of ingredients is shorter than the name, I swear. It's a lovely green drink that definitely looks like green tea, and when the bottle is opened, you get a wonderfully refreshing tea scent. From that alone, I was hooked.This is extremely carbonated, with bigger, heavier bubbles resilient enough to pop as you swallow and ensure a nice burp, and the flavor is perfect, like a nice steeped tea taste with just enough sugar to keep it dry, refreshing, and yummy. It's not overly tea flavored, and it's not bitter at all. What really weirds me out is that though the title explicitly says there's ginger ale in this, which I was very excited about, there is absolutely none in the ingredients list. I know that "Canada Dry Ginger Ale" is the brand, but it makes it awfully confusing to the average buyer.

The drink is just titillating. It's an original concept and a nice variation from an old classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment