Sunday, April 4, 2010

Varga Bar: Truffled Mac and Cheese

Whoa! This is weird. I actually like pinup girl themed Varga Bar's restaurant-style creamy mac and cheese. And it even has fancy add-ins.Overused and overbearing are how I describe black truffles in the dining scene, yet, somehow, Varga Bar managed to walk the line between whisper and punch-you-in-the-face with their truffled mac and cheese, a baked casserole with black truffle, Guyere, Fontina, and Marscapone (no bacon for me!). As always, I'd prefer a mix of sharper cheeses, but I did truly enjoyed Varga Bar's mac and cheese.

Full disclosure: the four or so Miss Marches (Sailor Jerry rum and Victory root beer) I imbibed may have contributed to the casserole crush.

Varga Bar

941 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19107

215-627-5200

No comments:

Post a Comment