Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Foodette.

Dear Readers,

This past year, I started a little food review blog on the day I was accepted to Bard College. I started the blog on the premise that I'd catalog my findings and try some new foods, and maybe even make some new friends.

Never, in my wildest dreams, had I imagined such success.

Through 43,508 visits, you've seen me struggle. You've seen me rejoice. You've seen me go through wisdom teeth surgery and Jell-O, various boyfriends, many nicknames, and a hell of a lot of good food. Countless site revisions and even a foray into lightbox construction, and you've always been the driving force behind consistent improvement for the site.

I have received countless packages out of the kindness of companies, indulging me and letting me pore through their products. And it's all because of you. You spread the word. You raised me to a higher level. And this website, readers, is nothing without you.

Happy Birthday, Foodette Reviews. Raise a glass of Riesling, Faygo, or Jones Turkey Soda, and celebrate many more years.

Thank you.

Jess Watsky, the Foodette

No comments:

Post a Comment