Saturday, April 10, 2010

Twix Triple Chocolate

I've been trying a lot of chocolate lately. My friends love sharing it with me, and I feel indulged because it's pretty nice chocolate, with undertones and notes and special flavors, but I feel like it's been too long since I've had a plain, regular chocolate bar, so when I saw this in the convenience store, I had to give it a try.The Twix Triple Chocolate has the same chocolate coating with a chocolate cookie and chocolate caramel on top. It's still in the same two stick format, which I always enjoyed. Biting into it, there's that great texture combination of crumbly cookie and chewy caramel, but it really pales in comparison to the Alfajores and Clairesquares I tried. The "chocolate" caramel doesn't really taste like chocolate, but rather just has a brown color. It's chewy, but a little too toothsome for me.The cookie underneath is definitely chocolatey, but there's no depth to it otherwise. It's far more dense than the shortbread I've had, and the chocolate seemed to alter the texture of it. On the outside, the shell was the same, slightly waxy chocolate we're all used to, but the inside was just not the Twix experience that I generally enjoy. I found that I liked the peanut butter better, whereas this just muddled into a singular taste with no distinction whatsoever. It wasn't that it was a bad bar, it was just bland and unrefined. I think I'll stick to regular Twix.

No comments:

Post a Comment